- 08 Jun 2022
- 10:15 - 12:15
TURNING UP THE COLOUR
A lot of painters love the look of bright bold colour in others work, but feel hesitant to use it in their own art. On the course ‘Turning up the colour’ Jason hopes to change that by providing a relaxed learning environment where you can experiment with a rich colour palette, creating colourful art using any water soluble medium: watercolour, gouache or acrylics. This confidence building course is set to be exciting, experimental and above all inspirational.
Jason will help you make the transition to more rich and intense colour use through some exercises in colour use as well as project work. You can explore figurative or abstract picture making ideas as long as you dare to be bolder in your colour choices.
Any water based medium – watercolour, gouache or acrylics.
This course would suit those who have a little experience of painting
Day, location and time
Wednesdays from 10:15 to 12:15 at Newcastle Arts Centre, Newcastle upon Tyne
3 weeks – see calendar
Cost – £45
Why does Jason think this course would be of value to you as a painter ?
This course will help you re-think how you handle colour challenging you to be bolder with your colour choices.
What will you do on the course ?
- Examine art that uses bold colour and attempt to emulate their daring painting approaches.
- Create various colour interpretations of an image to explore how the colour effects the mood of the work
- Create several samples of effects using the ideas shown
- Explore numerous ways of colour mixing and layering to make a bold statement with your work
- Create a strongly coloured final work
What do you need to bring ?
You will need to bring your usual painting kit that you use at home to class. In addition to this you will need to bring several sheets of kitchen roll and a number of sheets of watercolour or acrylic painting paper to work on.
If you are unable to purchase the course online then please send a cheque for £45 –
– made payable to; Painting with Skill to:
Places will be allocated on a first come first served basis. To avoid disappointment – book early.